The Mastery Series
A whole series of Master Classes – small class size and weekly Zoom meeting means these courses really focus on your artistic practice, with live feedback, and plenty of projects to work through.
Get all 6 Collage Lab Master Classes (valued at $900) for a special bundle price when you order The Mastery Series!
The 6 Master Classes, and tentative schedule are listed below.
- Master Classes are 5 weeks long, with one Zoom meeting each week of approximately 3 hours, for a total of 15+ hours of classroom time each.
- Recommended for artists with some experience in paper collage, and willingness to experiment in mixed media techniques and materials.
- You will have access to all replays and downloadable materials for an additional 6 months.
The Mastery Series includes:
- Contemporary Collage Meets Elements of Design – begins week of February 15, 2021
A deep dive into what makes a collage composition work, as we examine the elements of design (line, color, shape, space, texture, typography, scale, emphasis, balance, and harmony).
- Color Studies in Collage – begins week of April 5, 2021
Color is, arguably, one of the most influential elements in your collage work. We will talk color theory, choosing a palette, and how to make color work in your collages.
- Working in Series in Collage – begins week of June 7, 2021
Working in series has benefits to you, as an artist, by defining your personal style, and the benefit of a consistent practice. We will explore how to make the most of working in series, while you build a consistent body of work.
- Abstract Mixed Media Collage – begins week of August 2, 2021
Integrating mixed media techniques into your collage work will offer you a whole array of possibilities. Working abstractly, we will practice composition and experiment with various techniques.
- Strata Composition in Collage – begins week of September 27, 2021
Using the strata composition, we will examine how to take a collage from simple to rich, layered, and harmonious.
- Cruciform Composition in Collage – begins week of November 8, 2021
Using the cruciform composition, we will examine how to take a collage from simple to rich, layered, and harmonious.
ALL MASTER CLASSES TAKE PLACE LIVE ON ZOOM, 3 HOURS A WEEK FOR 5 WEEKS.
Attending the Live Zoom sessions is an important part of the Mastery Series. Please let the instructor know if you must miss a session – a replay will be available shortly after each session. Sessions will be scheduled in advance of the course start date and will fall on weekdays, generally starting around 1:00pm Central Time (Chicago). No refunds are available.