I want to announce the launch of the Collage Lab Book Club. And it couldn’t happen at a better time. This week, Laurie Kanyer’s amazing book Collage Care: Transforming Emotions and Live Experience with Collage, was released. I’m thrilled to have one of my pieces featured, along with 131 other collage artists that are part of the Doug & Laurie Kanyer Art Collection. I’m on page 61, if you’re looking! The book stems from Laurie’s career as a counselor and educator, often using collage to help her clients through emotional and mental health issues. The paperback is currently available on Amazon, and a pdf version and Kindle version are coming soon. So, this will be the book we discuss at the very first Collage Lab Book Club on Zoom. I will be getting this on the calendar for late August or early September.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
Are you looking for a way to help to transform your emotions, feelings, and life experiences? Are you ready to invest in your self-care?
Collage Care: Transforming Emotions and Life Experiences with Collage will help!
Collage is the ideal tool to transform your life by breaking through your emotions and experiences. Collage Care will show you how collage, a remarkable art form, will become a best friend, a trusted advisor, and a great problem solver. Collage Care demonstrates how using collage offers ways to eliminate your trials and tribulations so you can embrace your joys.
Collage is for everyone, is accessible, and is nearly free. It is a swift way to get to the heart of a concern. The author of Collage Care, Laurie Kanyer, MA knows how collage helps, as she witnessed remarkable miracles using collage for 35 years in the classroom and as a therapist.
Collage Care offers:
- 125 ways, called Gems, describing how collage helps solve problems, manage feelings, and build self-esteem.
- Tools to regulate your emotions, know your True Self, reduce the pressure of your inner critic, and calm your mind.
- Ways to use collage to improve your relationships and strengthen your communication style.
- Over 150 full color, fine art collages offering inspiration and encouragement. This book is both a healing tool and a fine art book!
- Reflections—real life testimonies—from people all over the world whose lives were transformed using collage.
- Essays from experts in the fields of art, social work and art history to further document the value of collage as a premiere tool for transformation.
Collage Care is also a perfect book for those in the helping professions, counselors, teachers and more. Collage Care is useful for historical art research and the historical implications of collage on emotional well-being.